Complete this on the LEFT side of your Interactive Notebook.
Given the following definitions for words from "The Cask of Amontillado," choose 5 of the words defined here and use them in an original sentence of at least 8 words. (original sentence means it comes from you, your brain, your thought process.)
- termination The action of bringing something or coming to an end: "the termination of a contract"
- retribution Punishment that is considered to be morally right and fully deserved.
- conical Having the shape of a cone
- immolation killing or offering as a sacrifice
- intermingling Mix or mingle together.
- re-erected to erect/build again
- precluded 1. Prevent from happening; make impossible.
- 2. (of a situation or condition) Prevent someone from doing something.
- impunity Exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.
- motley the traditional costume of the court jester, or the harlequin character
- connoisseur An expert judge in matters of taste: "a connoisseur of music".
- flambeaux A flaming torch.
- accosted1. Approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively. 2. Approach (someone) with hostility or harmful intent.
- utterance A spoken word, statement, or vocal sound.
- retribution Punishment that is considered to be morally right and fully deserved
- virtuoso 1. A person highly skilled in music or another artistic pursuit. 2. A person with a special knowledge of or interest in works of art or curios.
- penchant A strong or habitual liking for something or tendency to do something.
- ejaculated Utter suddenly (a short prayer).
- pipe A tube of metal, plastic, or other material used to convey water, gas, oil, or other fluid substances.
- grotesquely in a grotesque manner; "behind the house lay two nude figures grotesquely bald, with deliberate knife-slashes marking their bodies".
- plastered Covered with or made of plaster.
- amontillado A medium dry sherry
- niter A white, gray, or colorless mineral of potassium nitrate,
- catacombs An underground cemetery consisting of a subterranean gallery with recesses for tombs, as constructed by the ancient Romans.
Complete this on the RIGHT side of your Interactive Notebook.
Using the notes in your Interactive Notebook from yesterday and the text of "The Cask of Amontillado" complete a plot chart for the story. Use as many details from the text as you can and keep track of line numbers or page numbers so you can find them again later.