Reading Chapters 14 and 15: Krakauer Interjects
9. Why does Krakauer talk about himself in these two chapters?
10. Do you think it was a good idea for Krakauer to interject himself into the story?
11. What is your reaction to his description of his own climbing experience?
12. How is Krakauer’s life related to McCandless’s?
13. John Menlove Edwards said that climbing is a “psycho-neurotic tendency.” Do you think that is so? Always?
14. Do you think that Edwards defines McCandless? How is hepsycho-neurotic?