Thursday, January 15, 2015

Away we go!

Yesterday I asked: Who are you?

It sounds cheesy. It sounds like a typical 'first day of school'-'teacher needs to get settled'-'get to know your students' kind of activity.

But it's not. 

I want you to think about you. I want you to think about what makes you you. What parts of our life define us? how? why? and do we want them to? That's a lot. A whole lot. 

Today, we start with a movie. The Terminal.

I want you to pay attention to a few things as we move through the movie. I want you to write down what we know about the protagonist (Tom Hanks) and how we know it. What defines him? 

In addition to that (which sounds like characterization, but once we get going you will see that isn't our focus), what obstacles does he encounter? How does he handle the obstacles? 

Of course, this is a good story too. It should make you smile sometimes.

You will have turn in your notes at the completion of the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment